Firefighter I (2019 Entry-level testing)
Department of Public Safety
Closing date: 4/19/2019
This position is located in Cobb County Fire and Emergency Services. The required entry-level written exam for this position will be held between May 30 and June 1, 2019.
- Entry Level Salary: $40,014.18 per year ($19.24 per hour)
- Lateral Entry Salary: Applicants may be eligible for up to 10% increase based on years of experience (subject to program requirements)
- Academy Graduate: $40,014.18- After 18-month probationary period, salary increases by 5%
- Certified Paramedic: Additional 5% Differential Pay for certified paramedics and an additional 5% after completion of recruit school if assigned to an ALS
- Annual Education Incentive Pay: $1,000 Associates, $2,000 Bachelors, $3,000 Masters (paid as quarterly payments per policy)
- Tuition Assistance available while attending college (per policy)
- Paid Military Leave: up to 18 days per year (per policy)
Read the full job description and application requirements here.