The Department of Fire and Emergency Services provides emergency medical services and fire protection to the citizens of Gwinnett County. The Department's mission is to save lives and protect property and we have a prestigious history of doing this with many significant accomplishments. As a valued member of our team, you will assist in the performance of emergency medical treatment, life rescue and fire suppression.
The following positions are available with new education incentives:
Salary will be based on qualifications and experience.
- $42,047 - $47,297 Starting Salary
- $43,308 - $48,715 3% pay incentive for an Associate's degree
- $44,569 - $50,134 6% pay incentive for a Bachelor's degree
$2,000 Hiring Incentive within first year of employment - This is for new Gwinnett County employees only (not rehires).
After successful completion of Firefighter/Paramedic Trainee Recruit School and after obtaining all required Fire certifications as well as National Registry and State of Georgia Paramedic certifications, the salary will be adjusted as follows:
- $43,729 Annual Salary
- $45,040 (includes 3% pay incentive for an Associate's degree)
- $46,352 (includes 6% pay incentive for a Bachelor's degree)