Charles B. Gillespie, M.D. Distinguished Georgia E.M.S. Medical Director Award
Please submit your nomination using the online nomination form link on the bottom of this page.
This award is to be presented to a physician who has served consistently as an Emergency Medical Service Medical Director in a single Georgia Region or community for no less than 5 years and meets the following criteria:
- The recipient must be a United States citizen, possess a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree and has provided consistent meritorious service in the science and art of Emergency Medicine clinical and administrative leadership.
- The recipient must have provided exemplary and exceptional service that benefits and supports the Emergency Medical Technicians, Physician Practitioners and those whom (he/she) has or is treating.
- The recipient must also have shown continuing dedication to the principles of medical ethics and made outstanding contributions to the community in citizenship and public service above and beyond the call of duty as a practicing physician.
Nominations may be solicited from all of Georgia with each nomination supported by letters that bear witness to the merit of nominee’s performance.
The award consists of a suitably engraved plaque and citation as approved by the Emergency Medical Service Directors of Region VIII. Employees of the Division of Health Protection of the Department of Public Health are ineligible for this award.
Information needed on nomination form:
SUBMIT A NOMINATION HERE
- Nominee Contact Information
- Education and employer information (past and current)
- Statement of why they are being nominated
- Supporting documents or letters of support (if applicable)
- Photo of nominee